AMAZON PPC: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
, but don’t know how to set it up or if it’s a good fit for your product. The good news is, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to get started with your own Amazon PPC
Amazon advertising is no longer just about whether you’re using it for your Amazon advertising campaigns — it’s about . With PPC advertising on the Amazon marketplace, brands are able to reach out and connect with customers in a more personalized and efficient way they are also able to make better use of their budgets to generate more sales
is a very useful service that helps brands advertise their products on Amazon to ensure that they appear on the first page of search results.
PPC is good for Amazon sellers, here’s why.
Amazon has become a force in the market, and the popularity of e-commerce is just one of many good reasons to start selling on Amazon. With its wide user base, Amazon is a great way to grow your business and gain access to a whole new customer base.
Amazon.com Ltd., the world’s largest e-commerce site, saw record sales in the first quarter as it continued to attract more buyers. Amazon sold $75.5 billion worth of goods, a 26% increase compared to the previous year’s quarter.
that even companies which had previously never competed in an online environment are starting to do so. With this growth, new opportunities emerge for small and large alike. Brands should take advantage of these opportunities , which can help them establish their presence online.
A PPC campaign can mean the difference between However, when you’re just starting out, it’s hard to know where to begin.
It is the implementation of an Amazon Pay-Per-Click campaign that makes your product ranking go up, makes your product listing stand out, and brings in conversions that become your profits. The best thing about investing in Amazon PPC is that it is a win-win solution that ultimately captures buyers and completes a sale.
- WHAT ARE AMAZON PPC ADS
- PPC KEY TERMS
- SHOULD EVERY BRAND USE PPC?
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- THREE MAJOR REASONS TO USE PPC
What are Amazon PPC Ads?
These advertisements typically appear in a sponsored box at the top or bottom of search pages, and when someone clicks the ad, they are taken to the relevant page where they can purchase the product.
To brand your products, your marketing team may want to consider targeting relevant, cost-per-click keywords and display best sellers in your ad so that shoppers who are interacting with the brand for the first time can see the best of what it has to offer.
In a pay-per-click (PPC) model, advertisers (sellers) pay Amazon when consumers click on an ad that contains a relevant keyword during an Amazon search.
Amazon Offers Several Advertising Opportunities For Brands. Here’s How To Take Advantage Of That Potential.
- help advertisers target shoppers who are in the market for a specific product. These ads appear on Amazon’s search results pages and on relevant product detail pages, intending to increase clicks and conversions. Sponsored Product ads are keyword-targeted, meaning that they can be created to show up when customers search for a particular keyword or phrase. Amazon Advertising offers two different ad types: . Automatic ads focus on keywords Amazon’s algorithm has detected relate to your listing, whereas manual ads focus on keywords you’ve specified.
- ads are sponsored product ads on Amazon that feature a brand logo or product image and up to three products. These ads appear above all search results, giving brands a very noticeable presence on Amazon.
- ads are advertisements that appear on third-party websites. They have the ability to reach audiences by appearing both on and off Amazon’s platform. Advertisers have the option to choose what products they would like to advertise, to ensure that their ads are only displayed where relevant
- feature lets individual brands build an Amazon-hosted page that they can use to link to their products, customize with unique imagery, and promote to shoppers. The brand pages are free to create and there’s no limit on how many you can develop.
Targeting: You can focus on when setting up your Amazon PPC campaign.
Keyword Match Types: Amazon has four different types of keyword match: With broad keyword matching, your listing will show up for any search that includes at least one of your keywords. Phrases are the same thing, except the words must be included in the same order as your keywords. Exact keyword matching is, like it sounds, an exact match to the phrase you set. A Negative keyword is an important tool that businesses can use to keep costs down while still growing their organic search traffic. It allows them to exclude unwanted search terms from their PPC campaigns
Whether you run an Amazon PPC ad campaign, there are four simple steps to get started:
- Campaigns can start and stop after just a few days, or go on for months at a time. The choice is up to you.
- It is easy to specify which keywords and products to target with your ad campaign. If you prefer not to specify, you can choose automatic targeting and let Amazon match your ad to relevant products.
- Make sure to choose the products you want to advertise and set your bid.
- Launch your paid campaign and monitor its progress daily.
The Amazon product launch can be the difference between success and failure.
Both automatic and manual campaigns have their place on Amazon PPC. Automatic campaigns are easy to set up and understand. They are designed to meet the needs of the majority of sellers, but they may not always be the best solution. Manual keyword-based campaigns help sellers seize opportunities when they arise. These more complex strategies often require more work to maintain, but if successful, they can make a big impact on your business.
This is a good way to get started, , such as increased control over the ad spend and the ability to react more quickly to the results of the campaign.
- Dynamic Bidding: Amazon sellers can choose between different bidding options, including a fixed bid or Amazon’s dynamic bidding feature. The dynamic bidding option allows Amazon to automatically adjust your bids for you based on the conversion probability of each product.
- Adjust Bids by Placement: This feature allows the advertiser to easily adjust their bids from 0% to 900% for two placements: the top of the search results and product pages. This can be especially useful to take advantage of the fast-paced nature of search engine algorithms, ensuring that an ad is displayed to the most relevant and qualified users.
- Amazon ACoS (Advertising Cost of Sale): This is the ratio of the amount you spend on advertising to the amount that results from those ads.
- Amazon TACoS: is a great way to measure the return on investment for your marketing program. It tracks advertising expenditure relative to total revenue, which gives you an objective and thorough analysis of just how well your advertising is working.
Should Every Brand Use PPC?
- are those for who Amazon Sponsored Products Ads are available.
- are those who Sponsored Brand ads are available.
- are those who Sponsored Display ads are available
- , a custom storefront featuring their products exclusively.
How Much Does It Cost?
Amazon marketing is a tricky game: you have to balance the popularity of your campaign with your ability to fund it.
If you’re a new brand on Amazon, Since you’re not as well-known or as large as the aforementioned companies, you need every budget dollar for conversions.
What’s great about PPC, is that it’s completely up to you. You can choose to run paid search campaigns or not. You can set your CPC bids wherever you want. And you control how much of your budget goes into each campaign.
If your campaign is successful and your ad gets a click, you will only pay when a customer clicks on the ad. Furthermore, you won’t be charged more than your bid amount.
Three Major Reasons To Use PPC
Amazon PPC Campaigns have proven to be very effective in creating brand awareness and driving customers to Amazon stores. Regardless of the cause, more and more people are taking to the internet in search of deals, products, and services.
Here are some of the most common reasons why brands choose to advertise on Amazon using PPC, and why you should too.
- sales validate a new product’s place in Amazon’s search engine with actual sales data.
- PPC can be used to combat the highly competitive nature of organic search engine optimization. By bidding on relevant keywords with PPC advertising, brands can put themselves in a position to aim for the top spots for important terms and phrases, putting them in front of consumers who are actively looking for their products and services.
- is to match a buyer who is using Amazon for ‘discovery’ with your own products. They are looking for the product they want, and you can make sure they find it. You should never fail to focus on your own brand’s keywords, because doing so may allow other sellers to dominate your market share and steal potential buyers.
SALES MANAGER AT IMS
AMAZON MARKETPLACE EXPERT